Monday, September 30, 2013

Papa's

We spent the weekend camping with my mom, Andrea, and Tye at Papa's house. It was perfection. And by "camping" I of course mean cooking hotdogs and s'mores over a fire and then leaving the boys outside in tents while Eli and I slept indoors in a bed. You know.... camping!

 Though I love life in the city I am so grateful to have our family country retreats. We can spend the day surrounded by the people, architecture, business, coffee shops, and excitement of downtown.... then pack an overnight bag, hit the road, and in an hour or two be sleeping to the sound of crickets and nothing else.



 Papa has lived in the same house on the same hill since long before we were born. It's a big part of our history and we love day dreaming about its role in our future---- hosting creative getaways, outdoor concerts, recording studio, rustic modern guest cabins.... Who knows what this place will become as the seasons in our lives change!

 As we huddled around the campfire past midnight with Tye and Andrea, catching up and casting vision for our futures, I saw TWO shooting stars! TWO!!

 And in the morning we ate homemade biscuits and gravy with cappuccinos.
 Andrea, denim, coffee, vintage mugs, pretty rings, Papa's house.....yeah, these are a few of my very very favorite things.
I'm super grateful that September has held so many sweet gatherings and retreats for us. The summer felt hard and tiring. I needed this month to reset and get inspired.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Arian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The post is so nice!! Thank for sharing those beautiful pictures!
Psychologist in arroyo grande

Christiane said...

Definitely my favorite!